The lovely, Nichole, over at Sparrow's Nest has nominated me for a Beautiful Blogger Award!!! She has such great style (check out her AMAZING kitchen mural here), and I am really honoured. Thank you SO much Nichole!
So, the rules are:
1. Thank the person who nominated me for this award. (yup!)
2. Copy the award & place it on my blog.(yup again)
3. Link to the person who nominated me for this award. (yup - please do visit her beautiful blog!)
4. Share 7 interesting things about myself. (eeeek!)
5. Nominate 7 bloggers. (YAY!)
Alrighty...7 things about me. Oh wait, interesting things about me, that's going to be hard!!!
1. My hair went prematurely grey all over, and up until recently I coloured it. But now, at age 28, I have embraced reality, and gone natural.
2. I am a self confessed lazy perfectionist. I want things to be 'just so', but it takes me forever to get it done.
3. I love to cook, but I always use recipes for 'inspiration' rather than instruction. Or I don't even bother with recipes, and just make it up!
4. I used to be in the Rockabilly 'scene', and get around in hot rods, go to rock'n'roll dances on Saturday night to see bands (that always had a double bass in them), wear Brothel Creepers (shoes!) and pencil skirts and bright red lipstick and generally live a 50's inspired lifestyle. I still love the music and the clothes and the cars (I ADORE hot rods, and aim to own one - A 1928 Ford A Model Tudor, with a 28 stud side valve V8 motor, by the time I retire!), but am not 'involved' anymore.
5. I consider myself very fortunate to be young enough to use all the amazing technology we have now, but old enough to appreciate what it was like without a lot of it.
6. One word that came up a lot in the speeches at my 21st was that I am 'unique'. I grew up in a small town, and always wanted to be different, so I shaved my head, had piercings and wore unusual clothing. Not long before my 21st I realised that I didn't need these things to be different, I simply was because there was no-one like me anywhere else in the world. And I stopped trying. And people still consider me unique and interesting!
7. The first time I met my now husband (at a hot-rod show with my then boyfriend!), the first thought that ran through my head was 'WOW, that is the best looking guy I have ever seen'. We were friends for a few years before we got together, and we have now been together for 7.5 years, married for 3.5 years and I still think he is the best looking guy I have ever seen!
Are you still there? Have you fallen asleep yet? No? Good, because now you can head on over and visit these wonderful blogs!
1. Kellie @ Ada and Darcy
2. Kylie @ All Things Lovely
3. Rose @ Able Mae
4. Lesley @ Life at Number 10
5 Melissa @ Undomestic /Mumma
6. April @ A City Girl in the Country
7. Cyma @ CHEK
Thank you so much for nominating me Nichole, you really have made my day!