Thursday, December 10, 2009

Guess Where I am Going Tonight?

Hmm, probably not really worth a post, but I am going to Ikea tonight! I haven't been there since just after we moved into our house...9 months ago! That's a long time in my world! No interesting purchases intended (just one kitchen cabinet frame!), but that's not to say we won't come away with a haul of items.

We are going to do some investigations into benches for the (new!) entryway, beds (not sure about buying a bed from Ikea, but will have a look anyway!), sofa-beds, kitchen appliances (namely, their fully intergrated dishwasher!), kitchen door styles, sinks for the laundry...and kitchen and maybe some shelving too!

And have a good look at all the other fun things!

UPDATED POST VISIT: I have to say, I was a little disapointed. I don't know if it's because I see so much of it online, or because my taste is developing (just a little!) but it just wasn't the same. For the first time ever, I noticed some of the poor quality, and the fact that a lot of the whites weren't 'white' enough. Still plenty of good things though (lighting, storage, fabric etc), and we are pretty certain we will be getting an Ikea kitchen (but will go elsewhere for the dishwasher).

6 comments:

  1. Have fun. It's a blast going there. I love fosicking around
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two posts in two days - we are so lucky!
    I'm due for a visit I must say. I'm thinking about a new desk and want to scope their Christmas decoration wares! Ohhh but I might get tempted and then Santa wont bring me anything for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too agree with the white thing. I have bought white stuff got them home and painted them proper white! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to ask if you bought anything fabulous Rosie! I love Ikea kitchens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bit late - but I agree about the the whites. My bedroom furniture is from there and it's not quite white (lol!). Totally can't be bothered painting it though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am jealous that you have an Ikea close by... the closest one to us is about a 7 hour drive.

    ReplyDelete

Aw, thanks for your comments!